Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Full Moon!

Phases of the Moon

Farmer's Almanac

Moon Calendar

Last night was an amazing full moon! I was out walking Cooper along Old Stage Road when the moon rose up from behind Mt. Mansfield like a giant ball--it was amazing! Look through the links that are above and answer the following questions:

  1. What was last night's full moon called? Why is it called this?
  2. Which full moon is in your birthday month?
  3. What is the phase of the moon on your next birthday?

12 comments:

seth said...

1. The Beaver moon
2. The corn moon
3. I am a full moon

reilly said...

1.The moon is kalld beaver bekuss they set a beaver trap. The full moon in my birthday month is called the sturgeon moon because they caught big fish in August.

kayleigh said...

1. The name of the moon last night was the Beaver moon. Why it is called the Beaver moon is because it was the time of year to set the beaver traps before the pound froze.

2. My full moon name is the flower moonand why it is called the flower moon because in most areas flowers abundant everything durind this time.

owen said...

new moon

reilly said...

ON MY BRTHDAY IS BECHEEN the foil moon and last kortr.

Unknown said...

I saw a haf moon last nit at 6 and it was fanting away it lukt prite cool it lukt lik a gost it lukt prite cool

shane said...

1.this moon is cold fl hvist moon
it is cold that bcos frmrs wrct
lat at nuet

cameron said...

I saw the moon. my mom did to. beauer moon .

nevin said...

the full beaver moon is the name of the months name.my moon

kimberly said...

the moon last night is call the full Beaver moon and my moon is call the full cold moon. on my moon is ownmus full.

Kyle said...

the bevr moon

Unknown said...

The full moon is called the beaver moon because it's time to set traps for the winter to have warm fur. The full moon in June is the strawberry moon. My birthday is two days before the full moon.