Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Today we have talked a lot about the word resolution. At this time of year lots of people like to make a New Year's Resolution, or goal, for the upcoming year. I would like you to think about resolution for yourself that has to do with literacy. Your resolution can be about anything that has to do with reading or writing. Below is an example of a resolution:

This year I would like to read more non-fiction books for pleasure. I always have a book going, but tend to stick mostly to fiction. I am going to have every third book that I read be a non-fiction book. I just finished reading Barack Obama's "Dreams From my Father," which I absolutely loved. One non-fiction read for 2009 already!

Respond to this post with your own literacy resolution for the 2009 year. I can't wait to see what your hopes are for yourself for the year!

14 comments:

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

my resolution is to become a beter reader and to read more chapter book's. and to become a beter tiper

nevin said...

my gole is to get my hand writing better

jesslyn said...

iamgoingtobutrfliwrdwithmymom

mykalawilliston said...

My resolutuon is to become a beter reader and is to beabel to read chapter book's. and to become faster at tipeing.

Grace said...

my hops and dreams are to read bigger books and write better

jesslyn said...

I wish I could be a better reader. I am going to read more at school. I want to be able to read Harry Potter!

ben said...

I would like to read bigger books and thicker books and better books.

kiley said...

My goal is to read more Magic Tree House books and to be better at spelling.

reilly said...

I want to be better at writing stories. I'm going to practice at school and at home. I'm going to practice non-fiction at my home and fiction at school.

Kyle said...

I want to learn how to read. I will practice at home.

Taylor said...

I want to write cursive and read better books for me like Black Beauty. I want to read exciting books.

alex said...

my gole is to get my tests better.

tiago said...

i want to be a better reader.

seth said...

I wont to Read bigger and thicker books