Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks


On Friday we had an amazing time with the students and families from Lighthouse and Pinnacle. We met in our groups that had made placemats on Monday, and together we "broke bread" and shared the different things in our life that we are thankful for. After thirty minutes in our classroom we headed down to the cafeteria for our Thanksgiving lunch. It was so wonderful to walk into the cafeteria and see tablecloths on all of the tables! We sat in the same groups that we had been in for making placemats and breaking bread. The cafeteria was abuzz with families and friends sharing a great meal together. Middle school students helped throughout the process. What a wonderful time!

22 comments:

kiley said...

I liked that my little brother got to come!

Kyle said...

I liked that I was with my friends.

jesslyn said...

I like the turkey!

sophie said...

I think the bread was good.

Alfred said...

I liked the cupcakes! I saw Eliza, too.

nevin said...

I liked whean we got to eat bread.

McD said...

I liked that my mom got to come!

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

I liked the thanksgiving diner because we had thanksgiving befor thanksgiving.

alex said...

I liked the food and I liked meeting new friends.

Unknown said...

i love the note you said about the thanksgiving celebration it was fun i had a great time with old friends and i saw eliza and she was in my grope.

sophie said...

I also liked the food.

Taylor said...

I am so thankful for thanksgiving. i am glad that my friends were there.

kayleigh said...

I liked the food and I'm thankful for God because he made us.

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

i liked the appel pie!!!!!

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

i liked it when my mom came in and ate lunch with me!!!!!!!

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

i liked it when we broke bread together with our groop

mykalawilliston said...

The best thing about Friday was eating the bread. I was in Ms. Peterson's class. My mom was at the lunch.

kiley said...

I love turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

the thanksgiving diner was wanderful i loved it to! i am so glad that the cafutera prvided it for us.

kimberly said...

I liked being with her friends at the Thanksgiving dinner.

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

i am so glad that thanksgiving is a holaday and it is a time to celebrate!

sierrapolley's blog @ you said...

thanksgiving thanksgiving thanksgiving i love thanksgiving beckuse we go to my nana's house and eat choklot cream pie.